Whether you are a fan of the Jurassic Park franchise or just love any dinosaur-themed film, there is no doubt that dinosaurs have captured the imagination of audiences around the world. In this guide, we’re going to take a look at 6 of the best movies about dinosaurs.
Jurassic Park is one of the most popular movies ever made, and for good reason. It’s a fantastic adventure story that takes place on an island where dinosaurs live freely. The cast is great, and the special effects are top-notch. If you’re a fan of dinosaurs or just an excellent movie storyteller, you’ll definitely want to check out Jurassic Park.
Jurassic World is a blockbuster film released in 2015 that tells the story of a theme park that houses genetically modified dinosaurs. The park is visited by tourists who paid to see the animals and are instead subjected to chaotic and deadly events. The movie has received positive reviews from both fans and critics alike, with many praising its visual effects and adventurous storytelling.
Jurassic Park 3
Jurassic Park 3 is an American science fiction horror film released in 1993 and directed by Steven Spielberg. The producers of this movie are Kathleen Kennedy and Gerald R. Molen. It is the third installment in the Jurassic Park series, following The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997) and Jurassic Park II (2001). The screenplay was written by Michael Crichton. It is based on his 1990 novel of the same name.
The film follows Dr. Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum), who persuades a skeptical John Hammond (Richard Attenborough) to fund an expedition to Isla Sorna to find out whether there are still living dinosaurs on the island. While there, they encounter unexpected dangers, including an active volcano and rampant animal behavior that seems out of place for dinosaurs.
Spielberg returned as director and producer, while Bryce Dallas Howard and Sam Neill reprise their roles as Drs. Malcolm and Hammond, respectively. The cast also includes Vincent D’Onofrio, Laura Dern, Ariana Richards, Richard Schiff, Barry Pepper, Peter Stormare, and Bob Peck.
Jurassic Park 3 was released on June 12, 1993, in the United States by Universal Pictures. It grossed over $474 million worldwide on a budget of $130 million. Critical reception was mixed; reviewers praised its special effects but found its plot derivative of previous films in the series.
Jurassic World 2
The first Jurassic World was a blockbuster hit and its sequel is set to be just as big. Fans of the series will love this movie for its action, adventure, and dinosaurs. Here are five reasons why you should watch Jurassic World 2:
- The Dinosaurs are Back! Fans of the first movie will love seeing all of their favorite dinosaurs back in action. The cast includes some new favorites like Indominus Rex and T-Rex, but the classics like Velociraptor and Tyrannosaurus rex are also present.
- The Action Is Intense. Jurassic World 2 is packed with intense action scenes that will leave you on the edge of your seat. You’ll never want to stop watching because you just don’t know what’s going to happen next.
- It’s Full of Adventure. Jurassic World 2 is full of adventure, both on land and in the water. You’ll see characters explore huge areas and face dangerous challenges, all while trying to save humanity from a terrifying fate.
- It’s Funny Too! If you’re looking for a movie that’s filled with laughs, then you should definitely watch Jurassic World 2. The humor in this movie is off the charts and it’ll have you laughing until your stomach hurts.
- It’s a Family Movie. Jurassic World 2 is perfect for family movie nights. The action is intense, but it’s also full of humor and excitement. You won’t be disappointed if you watch this movie with your loved ones.
The Land Before Time
The Land Before Time is a beloved children’s movie series that follows young Timon and his friends as they escape from the tyranny of an evil king and explore the world of dinosaurs. Each installment in the series is unique, with different settings and storylines, but they all share a common thread: the characters learn about life, friendship, and courage while facing off against formidable foes.
The Good Dinosaur
The Good Dinosaur is a heartwarming and exciting adventure about a young Apatosaurus named Arlo who learns the importance of family, friendship, and forgiveness. The film is based on the best-selling children’s book by Peter S. Beagle. The movie features an all-star cast that includes Oscar-nominee Jeff Goldblum as Arlo’s mentor, Professor Robert Stroud; Maisie Williams as Arlo’s female friend Spot; Raymond O’Connor as Arlo’s father Haymitch; AJ Michalka as Arlo’s little sister Dennie; Dylan Minnette as Tim Murphy, a boy who befriends Arlo; and Tony Anselmo as Apache Chief, a fearsome dinosaur enemy.
If you want to watch a dinosaur movie with your kids, then these are great movie choices that you can go for. Surely, you will have a great time with them and the kids will love watching any of these films too.